Thursday, September 4, 2008

Keri and Alloy Mangere Show

Our very first show!  It was a dream come true.  I was a little worried, because two days before, our grazing manager put Roy and his buddies out in a new paddock- with fresh spring grass.  So the day before the show, Roy was on high octane fuel, and was a little wired!  Luckily Nutritech makes a supplement with magnesium and toxin binders that helps calm horses down.  I fed him some in the morning and the night before, and he was so mellow on show day (although he does NOT like his face washed!)  He was such a gentleman- even though his buddy balked going into the trailer, he walked on without me.  They travelled like pros, and didn't worry at all at the show.  He was so mellow that I had trouble keeping him in canter!  I was also blessed to have some amazing support- three friends from the stables came along, as well as five friends from Wayne's cycling group and my amazing riding instructor.  I was blown away at their generosity to give up their day to come and see us.  It was a great day and now I've got the confidence to go and do more shows, and hopefully keep improving our results!


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow, what an amazing talent you have. So what exactly do you do in your shows? I'm an idiot when it comes to horses... I know nothing but what I've learned from you guys. Oh how we miss you!